AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Include an area in an excluded area

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found many articles how to exclude an area and what happens when there is an overlap of included and excluded locations in Adwords. What I couldn't find is an answer to the following questions:

I target UK as a whole but need to exclude a certain radius in London. That is what I did:

1. UK included
  2. London excluded
  3. Radius area in London included

Will the included areas in London be targeted or will the London exclude overrule the radius area?

Thanks for your feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oliver P
September 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Oliver,

The exclusion will overrule the radius target. Depending what location specific keywords you have, your ads still may show in those areas.

What you could do is exclude London on the first campaign and set up another campaign specifically for the radius target that you want.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oliver P
September 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Oliver,

The exclusion will overrule the radius target. Depending what location specific keywords you have, your ads still may show in those areas.

What you could do is exclude London on the first campaign and set up another campaign specifically for the radius target that you want.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Cedric.