AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

In Flight Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With all the WiFi on board airplanes now... anyone know if there will be inflight targeting or how this would be done?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In Flight Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

It's an interesting question but I think the way Adwords has evolved now since the launch of Enhanced Campaigns last month, where your campaign will be targeting all devices (desktops, mobiles, tabs etc...) by default, carrier targeting will no longer exist. 

But as always, Adwords is open for all the suggestions which the advertisers have related to any new product or feature. You can fill up this form and let Adwords Feedback Team know about what feature you would like to add (inflight targeting) and you never know what comes out in near future:

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/cfeedback?rd=1

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

This is one of the best suggestion I have heard. I would add it as another Geo-targeting or Audiences option. Since the "in-flight" WiFi is offered now on most of the North American carriers only by GoGo, it should be easy to implement. (On transatlantic flights WiFi is slowly launched via satellite).

I am referring it to Google;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
I'm interested in understanding if there is a geo-targeting or audiences option that I can utilize.

I'm in touch with Gogo inflight for their media kit, but I'm more interested in how to target the standard display and youtube placements.

I assume there is some way to do this based on "geography" but need some guidance on this. Thanks
Colin Donohue
Root Deeper Marketing

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This early 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of any follow-on questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

Thank you.