AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Improving Ads Performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My Ads were running well for couple of days and got good traffic.

Two weeks before i introduced new campaign with same keywords like I am already using in Currently running campaign.

From the date of introducing new campaign, my existing campaign are not performing well

Today I paused existing campaign and ran new campaign with same keywords and bid.

To the surprise, I got good traffic.

What I would like to know is "will my new campaign affect the performance of existing campaign as I used same keywords"?

If yes means please explain the reason for my understanding.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improving Ads Performance

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Yes.

AdWords will only serve ads on one keyword at a time. That means the word or words in your keyword, with that match type.

If you have a keyword appearing in two or more campaigns that have the same settings, the program will "choose" one of them and will serve the vast majority of the traffic on it.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theresa,
Thanks for your reply
I am not running both the campaigns at a time.
While running existing campaign, I haven't run new one, but still my old campaign not performing well. So I paused old one and enabled new one and it performs well having same keywords and same bid amount. It looks strange for me. Please clarify.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi vishwasaibaba,

You have stated conflicting information here. First you said you were running two campaigns with the same keywords, got poor performance, then stopped the original campaign.

Then you said you are not running both campaigns at the same time.

"Two weeks before i introduced new campaign with same keywords like I am already using in Currently running campaign.

From the date of introducing new campaign, my existing campaign are not performing well"

This sure sounds like both campaigns were running at the same time. Please clarify.

Running two campaigns simultaneously with the same keywords and the same geo-targeting will produce confusing results.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords