AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Importing ad texts in adwords editor to be exported to another account

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Why can't i import a set of 150-200 ads from an account in my adwords editor. I would need to replicate the account to an identical business in another location ( another company). I have seen that adwords editor successfuly imports end exports keywords, settings, locations and other settings, but not the ad texts .... which mean a lot of work to be done manually.

Can anyone give me a solution ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Importing ad texts in adwords editor to be exported to another acc

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

ok.

You can as well download a csv (comma separated list) of all ads in the account from AdWords (online version).

1. Go into your account, top level.
  2. Open the tab Ads
  3. Click on the download button for creating reports (just next to the "columns" drop down)
  4. Create the report

You will see, that you will get a table which again you can edit in Excel. From there you should be able to paste the table into the AdWords editor to build the new account as described in my first post.

Regards

Aleks

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian

This is easy to do, and will take only a few minutes.

1. In the AdWords editor click on the tab "Ads" (on account level) and you will see all Ads in the account.
  2. Select them all (with Ctrl + a), copy them (Ctrl + c). Now you have them in your clipboard.
  3. Now paste them into Excel (Ctrl + v) and edit them where necessary (like landing page URL, campaign names, ad group names, etc.).
  4. Copy the edited table from Excel.
  5. Open your new account in AdWords editor.
  6. Open the tab "Ads". Click "make multiple changes".
  7. Paste your table in there. (if you select the root of your account, AdWords editor will create all campaigns and ad groups for you)

Voilà. Ready to go.

Regards

Aleks

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help, that would have been a good solution but i have some other blocking issues.

I have read about this method before in some articles, BUT adwords editor does not import any ad text from my campaign.

At first i thought that it was because i was using a "google places" location extension associated with the ads.

So at first I lost some 3-4 hours , while I changed all the associated locations with a manually inserted location...and the adwords editor still does not import any ad text.

I also tried creating a library of ad texts, because that gets imported in adwords editor, but when i use a library of 5 ads for example in a new ad group , the ads don't have the button that allows me to associate them with a campaign location extension, like other manually created ads do.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

ok.

You can as well download a csv (comma separated list) of all ads in the account from AdWords (online version).

1. Go into your account, top level.
  2. Open the tab Ads
  3. Click on the download button for creating reports (just next to the "columns" drop down)
  4. Create the report

You will see, that you will get a table which again you can edit in Excel. From there you should be able to paste the table into the AdWords editor to build the new account as described in my first post.

Regards

Aleks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Amazing, it worked and it saved me countless hours of copy-paste.

Thank you very much

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

welcome Smiley Happy