AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Importing / Uploading Filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Fellows,

is it somehow possible to import filter via scripts / API / uploads for later use by the account manager through the interface? 

I appreciate every idea!

Cheers,

Robert

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing / Uploading Filter

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Just to clarify, it sounds like you are looking for a way to export saved filters like the example below, and then import them into a separate account. Is that correct?

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 12.42.50 PM.png

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

exactly, this filter as for example on your screenshot. A export is not exactly needed but would be also awesome. However, I am looking much more for an import / creation of this filters.
I don't mind if it's via Scripts, API or Interface - as long as it is somehow possible Smiley Happy

Robert

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Got it. So you would like to create filters in bulk outside the AdWords interface, and then do something like a bulk upload of many filters?

Thanks for your patience. I just want to make sure I understand exactly what the application is here so I can confirm if it's currently possible.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

my intention is to create a set of filters according certain KPIs and let them upload in bulk to the adwords account. So, a bulk upload would be needed.

Cheers

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

It won't be possible to do this via the AdWords interface itself, nor is it possible to do a bulk import of filters with the API or Scripts. I would recommend checking out the AdWords API forums anyway, though--it sounds like you may need some more advanced reporting solutions than the AdWords interface can provide, so that would be a good start.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cassie,

thank you for your answer. That's very unfortunate :-/

Robert