AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Image Ads via CSV

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to import image ads via a CSV file?

I could have sworn there was a file column in the CSV upload template but do not see one now. I tried adding one but it was not recognized. Other (outdated) forums suggest uploading the ads in another campaign then importing the CSV file with matching image name, but this too did not work.

I would love to find out if this is possible and if not hopefully get it out there and hope it becomes possible in the future.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Neil.

In theory it's possible. Here's how: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/65472?hl=en I haven't tested it though. I did, however, add multiple images in the same ad group in bulk, but that's pretty much it, as I didn't have to deal with large quantities of image ads.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neil P
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help Calin. This is the method I've been using, but needed a much larger bulk upload solution. I happen to figure it out after a bit more trial and error. 

Solution:

To upload image ads via a CSV. you must include the image path within the column "Image" not "Image File" as I had previously thought.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, Neil.

That's exactly what the help file says at the URL I mentioned:

Include the following information in your file:

• Campaign name (if you're updating multiple campaigns and ad groups)
  • Ad group name (if you're updating multiple campaigns and ad groups)
  • Image ad file name (include the full path, including the filename extension: .jpg, .gif, .png, or .swf)

The CSV file being a text file with some specific formatting it cannot contain an image. Binary files alone can contain images. Hence the path requirement, which enables the editor to pick up a file from your hard disk and upload it to the right campaign.

Anyway, I'm glad you figured it out.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I upload images for multiple responsive ads, square, landscape, logo with  csv. ? Column: Image ? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.