AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Import Keywords and deactivate old ones

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

i want to use adwords for my online shop.

i do have a new list with every listed product and keywords every day.

the problem is: when i import the new list how can i deactivate or delete the old keywords and camapigns which are not in the new list?

thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Import Keywords and deactivate old ones

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi klaus66537,

I am assuming that you want to upload new keywords daily on the new product basis and want to pause or delete the older keywords from your Adwords account on daily basis too. (Please correct me if I am wrong here!)

Based on this, my opinion would be to create new campaigns based on your new products depending upon the time when you have those new products inside your online shop. You could either use the feautre inside your account interface to add keywords by spreadsheet or use the Adwords Editor for bulk changes.

Similarly, you could pause the old campaigns and launch the new ones as soon as you upload new products on your website.

But I am little concerned about the way how you would actually handle the destination URLs on your website. Please make sure that when you pause your old campaigns, the destination URLs should work properly otherwise you might end up getting emails from Adwords regarding ad disapprovals. See this detailed thread for more info.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Klaus66537,

In addition to Pankaj's advise, I would also caution you to do your best to allow common product keywords to continue to run in some manner.  If you completely change your active keyword lists by starting new campaigns daily, I have a feeling this will be detrimental to your efforts as you will have inconsistent history.

Maybe you have a set list of products that do not change or do not change very often, I would try to keep these related keywords separate from the ones that change frequently.

My 2 cents.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi and thank you for your answers:

"I am assuming that you want to upload new keywords daily on the new product basis and want to pause or delete the older keywords from your Adwords account on daily basis too. (Please correct me if I am wrong here!)"

YES! This is correct! I have a shop with 30000 products. The question is: How can I manage them in an Adwords Campaign? There are hundreds of new products whcih get listed and delisted. It is impossible to do it manually.

I thought it would be the best to take a daily updated list with products (and keywords) and put them into AdWords. AdWords has to check if a new Products/Keyword is in the list and whcih ones aren't in the list anymore. But I have no idea how to manage this problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Based on this, my opinion would be to create new campaigns based on your new products depending upon the time when you have those new products inside your online shop."

Thanks for this idea but it seems to be impossible. I have hundreds of new Keywords every day. I can't setup new camapaigns every day.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again klaus66537,

There is something called Dynamic Search ads which is actually with a status of Limited Release, but you can definitely get the most out of it. Now as per Google it says that:

Dynamic Search Ads target relevant searches with ads generated directly from your web site -- dynamically.

You can also sign up for the beta to get the early access here.

Hope that may work for you!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Klaus66537,

One solution for your business will be to utilize the AdWords Application Programming Interface (or AdWords API). The API will allow you to integrate AdWords data with your inventory system to manage campaigns based on stock. Please find more information regarding the AdWords API here:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375503

Implementing the AdWords API takes an extensive degree of technical and programming skills, so the best results can be achieved by advertisers who employ software developers. 

Additionally, Panjak's suggestion of opting into the Dynamic Search ad beta is also a great solution.  I would recommend signing up for the Beta so that you will be added to the interest List.

Best of luck! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

On top of the amazing answers above have you thought of expanding your advertising visibility by using the AdWords Product Listing extention?

The product list feature is an amazing service that integrates with the Google Merchant Center to show more detailed product information for your products on Google Search.

Please reference the following link that offers some more information: http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/productlistingads.html

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination