AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Import Keyword Max CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I imported over 100K keywords via Adwords Editor along with their various Max CPCs. Since then I made some changes to those Max CPCs. But I realized that I want to change them back to the original figures. I read on Google documentation that you can re-import those keywords with Max CPC again, and supposedly you can override/modify the Max CPC that way. 

However, it looks like Adwords Editor just disregard the keywords since they are already in the account. 

Is it actually possible to re-import and override keyword Max CPCs?

Thanks,

Kennis

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Import Keyword Max CPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kennis,

You can not revert the edits once your 'post' those changes to your Adwords account.

You can revert the changes if you exported an archive file of your account before you made your changes.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30577?hl=en

Deepak

Re: Import Keyword Max CPC

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Yes, some account changes can be "rolled back" to a previous condition.

Go to the Change History report (on the Tools menu) and set the date range for the time when you made the bid changes. Find the changes you want to revert. If there is a backward error on the right-hand edge of the line, you will be able to revert those changes.

There's no bulk or automated way to do this, though. 

On the other hand, you can make bulk changes in AdWords Editor. While you cannot "roll back" edits you have made, it might be faster to just pull up the keywords you want to change bids on and lower the bids on them?  

For future reference, it's always a good idea to export a copy of your AdWords account out of Editor before you make large-scale changes. That makes reverting to the original campaign much simpler.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*