AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Import Goals: Count Settings -> All Conversions or Unique Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Scenario:

You are importing goals from Google Analytics where a goal tracks the event of a button click for a coupon download.

Question:

If you were viewing the "Conversions" column (instead of the "Converted Clicks" column), and within the conversion settings of this imported goal you had "All Conversions" set as the counting method, could the "Conversions" column show potentially multiple conversions from the same user coming back to the site clicking the coupon download button?

Hypothetical: say John Smith visits a web page, clicks a coupon button 15 times in that one session.  This records 15 event clicks and 1 goal (based on my understanding of sessions).  John Smith then returns 2 days later and clicks the coupon button 12 times during that session (12 events, 1 goal).  These would be two separate sessions and therefore might count as two separate goal completions.(?)

When importing goals from Analytics to Adwords, if you have All Conversions set as the counting method, would the Conversions column account for 2 Conversions from the same user John Smith?

Conversely, if you set Unique Conversions as the counting method under the same hypothetical scenario above, would Conversions column only account for 1 Conversions from the same user John Smith despite the 2 goal completions?

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Import Goals: Count Settings -> All Conversions or Unique Conve

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jarad Collier,

I have already discussed the same regard in another thread started by you. As far as event tracking is concerned, it is tracked only once per session in Google Analytics and the same stays for Google AdWords (regardless of the setting All Conversions or Unique Conversions). 

My answer to your similar question : https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Import-Goals-Converted-Clicks-vs-Conversio...

As a Community Etiquette, it is always better to use the search bar before posting your questions. If you are still unclear on my explanation, kindly tell me so that I can explain you in a more detailed manner.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
My previous question was about importing goals from GA into Adwords as conversions and whether an event that occurs multiple times by the same user is counted as a conversion.

This question has to do with the COUNT box within the conversion settings for an imported Goal from GA which is being recorded as an event.

As a community etiquette, please read the questions carefully before posting your reply to a thread that does not answer the question.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jarad,

Thanks for the community etiquette advice. Event Tracking will be counted unique per session both in Google Analytics as well as Google Adwords. (regardless of Unique or All Conversions count settings in AdWords). This is applicable only for event tracking goals.

I have discussed the same in previous thread itself (It doesn't matter). May be I  didn't explain in detail Is your query about this clear now?

For additional information, visit these links

1. Comparing AdWords and Analytics metrics

2. How Analytics handles event tracking?

I will be glad, if you could tell us whether your query  has been solved or needs more explanation.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Which count matches analytics? Converted clicks, or conversions? Enable both columns and compare the conversion count to analytics. If they are all the same, then it doesn't matter. If one is right, and the other wrong, the choose the conversion setting that looks right.

Shafi helped clarify that for me in the last thread. Maybe there's another way we can go about this? Can you share some screenshots for a set date range, post 48 hours, which shows the Google/cpc event counts in analytics, and the total reported event conversion counts in AdWords?

Tom