AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Image and Text Ads in Google Search

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi,

Google has tested the Image and Text ads in the Search Engine Result page:-Link. New achievement in the Search fields.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image and Text Ads in Google Search

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

It goes without saying that this has some potentially profound effects on SEM. I'd love to hear what the community thinks about this topic!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I think I agree with JP here, the impact could be huge. That's a ton of real estate.

I've not been able to reproduce these myself...SEL listed a few of the companies testing these ads.

In the more recent times, brand specific search results have evolved quite a bit, both organically and on the paid side.  For instance, I only tend to see enhanced sitelinks on brand specific queries.  Also, knowledge graph and G+ data have quite a presence on brand query SERPs.  

I guess for some instances, it could be a good idea but I wonder, with only testing these out on huge brands, what the impact could/would be for smaller brands.  And it goes without saying that a successful test with brand queries could always lead to more expansion of display ads within SERPs. That's not something I really want to think about right now. I can only envision mismatched, poorly put together images lining the SERPs like a bad case of AdSense-itis...please don't!!

The Display side does seem to be getting some more attention and improvements lately, perhaps there is a connection there. Branding and non-direct response marketing has needed a boost for a long time.

Which of these is a better option:

1.Current:

southwest.jpg

Or the new possibility:

southwest1.jpg

Rightfully, this space should be occupied by Southwest Airlines...but how is the burning question.  I actually visually like the newer test option.  But for information sake, the current option provides more information and ways to interact with the company, including a flight tracker.

It's always interesting to peek into the future with Google...just when you think you know...BAM - something changes.  

Interesting for sure...

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
"That's not something I really want to think about right now. I can only envision mismatched, poorly put together images lining the SERPs like a bad case of AdSense-itis...please don't!!" Yup another interesting point.