AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Image ads not being accepted on Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ad that keeps giving me the error "strobing or flashing" when I try to enter it into my Adwords account. I was told it was a FPS problem. But no matter how I changed it (including slowing it way down to speeding it, to test) it still gives me the same error. It follows the other requirements for a .gif and I'm going crazy trying to figure this out! I would just make it in Flash but Google doesn't support the version of Flash that I have! 

Help would be greatly appreciated with this. 

Camryn

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image ads not being accepted on Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Camryn B,

I just searched a thread having solution for similar problem:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-approvals-and-advertising/Help-My-GIF-Display-ad-has-been...

Hope this helps. If not, Please let us know.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Not so sure about animated ads - but if the background is white the ads will often get rejected. If you have a white bg try adding a one pixel border.

May have nothing to do with it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm afraid I tried all of those things and was sure to follow all of Google specific rules but I ended up making flash ads out of all of my ads and what do ya know? They were accepted!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did get them accepted after making them into flash ads. However some things were moved slightly. And I did read that this was an issue in a few places. (One of my flash ads did not get accepted and I DID add a border and it was accepted) Such a touchy process.