AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Image ad is not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made an image ad for Google Adwords, is approved but Google hasn’t showed it yet, ideas? 

The image size is 200x200 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KatiaDeMiguel
September 2015

Re: Image ad is not showing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Katia, there are huge differences between the Google Search, where only text ads may appear, and targeting is solely done through the use of keywords, and the Display Network (where image/flash/video ads may appear), where targeting is done in many ways, keywords being one of them.

There is absolutely no relationship between them. If the ad rank of your keyword is high enough, your ad will show. On both networks. On the other hand, if a keyword performs well on the search network, this is no guarantee for its performance on the display network.

Here's a link describing how quality score is calculated on the two networks: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10215, which I hope will clear some things up.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello KatiaDeMiguel,

To expand on sudha's suggestion, your current Display Network bid might not be of a high enough value to be displayed on websites due to the nature of your industry and competition of the marketplace. Raising your bid gives your ad the opportunity of being shown, just remember to increase it gradually so you have an idea of what minimum CPC is required.

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The thing is that I have other text ads with the same keywords, and these are showed.

Please have a look to the picture below, it might explain better which my problem is.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0f-cSwcO7GfOWY2MGJkMzctZjJlZi00OTE3LWFhMjctMDhhMzQ0MDlhZDMz

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KatiaDeMiguel
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Katia, there are huge differences between the Google Search, where only text ads may appear, and targeting is solely done through the use of keywords, and the Display Network (where image/flash/video ads may appear), where targeting is done in many ways, keywords being one of them.

There is absolutely no relationship between them. If the ad rank of your keyword is high enough, your ad will show. On both networks. On the other hand, if a keyword performs well on the search network, this is no guarantee for its performance on the display network.

Here's a link describing how quality score is calculated on the two networks: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10215, which I hope will clear some things up.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi KatiaDeMiguel,

There can actually be more competition for image ad impressions than the text ads, this can even vary between the different image ad sizes. I know that the "rectangle" sizes (300 x 250 and 180 x 150) are the most popular and also the most expensive to bid on for example.

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all for the answers Smiley Happy

It’s quite clear now.