AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Image Search Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I was wondering if we can create image search ads for a lot of products in one go or do we have to create them munually one by one?

Thanks for your answers, 

Claire

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Image Search Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

I am assuming that you are talking about special format Image search ads which are shown on Google images to the relevant users online. Please correct me if that's not the case.

As per this Google reference, first you will have to first create it manually using the Display Ad Builder and then you can download the ads using excellent tool called Adwords Editor (version 8.5 or higher) and then copy/paste the ads into another ad groups if you want.

You can refer to this article for best practices on this particular format ads.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Claire,

I don't think that's possible in a normal scenario. Initially, you will have to create them manually using Display Ad Builder in the regular Adwords interface.

There are Adwords APIs also, but I am not sure whether it would be feasible via API or not. You might consider asking this in the Adwords API forum for more clarification. This is the link.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

You might find product ads and product extensions to be more useful. You would upload your "feed" of products to your Google Merchant Center account and create a campaign in AdWords. These ads, when shown, include the picture of your product--you provide a url to the image in the product feed. This could easily accommodate 1000 products and more.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

I am assuming that you are talking about special format Image search ads which are shown on Google images to the relevant users online. Please correct me if that's not the case.

As per this Google reference, first you will have to first create it manually using the Display Ad Builder and then you can download the ads using excellent tool called Adwords Editor (version 8.5 or higher) and then copy/paste the ads into another ad groups if you want.

You can refer to this article for best practices on this particular format ads.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, 

Yes I am talking about the ads on Google Image. 

I have read the Google articles already but I wanted to know (because I haven't found anything about it in the articles) if I can upload a lot of images in one go. My client have a list of more that 1 000 products. But I am afraid it is not possible. 

Thanks for your answer!

Claire

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Claire,

I don't think that's possible in a normal scenario. Initially, you will have to create them manually using Display Ad Builder in the regular Adwords interface.

There are Adwords APIs also, but I am not sure whether it would be feasible via API or not. You might consider asking this in the Adwords API forum for more clarification. This is the link.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will, thanks for your time.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

You might find product ads and product extensions to be more useful. You would upload your "feed" of products to your Google Merchant Center account and create a campaign in AdWords. These ads, when shown, include the picture of your product--you provide a url to the image in the product feed. This could easily accommodate 1000 products and more.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords