AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ads with hover over effect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we recently saw an Google Adwords image ad which, after you hover over with your mouse, changes background color. We first looked for that option in the Ad gallery, but didn't find any function that can help us make that effect.

Does anybody know how did they do it?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Image Ads with hover over effect

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Iva,

I am assuming that you are referring to an engagement ad. You can learn more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3265312?hl=en

Hope this helps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

We looked into the Engagement ads, but that didn't solve our problem since each ad we can make is linked to a video. This is the image ad:

shoutem highlight.gif

Basically, only effect is that after you mouse over the ad, it changes the color of the background.

Tnx

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Iva,

The other option is that it is something such as a rich media HTML5 ad with a piece of code that changes the ad colour when mouse hovers over it. I am not familiar with these formats of ads (or even if the colour change is possible). Someone with more experience will have to confirm my suspicion.

But you can learn more about HTML5 ads here:
https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/2672542?hl=en

Let me know if this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This happens to our banners without our control. We use simple .jpg files. Any help on how to de-activate this effect or how to define an area for this effect?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

dear Iva, 

facing the same problem, please let me know if you've found the solution to this.
regards.

Nabid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

we've actually decided to try and use the Google Web Designer tool and you can actually do banners like that with that app! Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thank you.