AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ad Errors

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi,

Is there any adwords resource available online with Image Ad Errors and their cause?

Currently stuck with a new one - Error: Invalid image. To post the ad, please use a different image.

I was trying to upload a flash ad.

Info

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepak_V
September 2015

Re: Image Ad Errors

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi info, 

I'd also check that you're using a version of Flash that we can support. We support Falsh versions 4-10 and actionscript code versions 1-3. 

Hope this helps!

A.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Info,

As you said that you were trying to upload flash ad, I would encourage you to read this link related to image ads policy and the technical requirements which should be followed in order to get the right display ads for Google Display Network.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the link, but it provides only generic guidelines.

I havn't found a resource yet which says what is the reason behind a particular Error message.

Info

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Info,

I am not sure if you have read the link in detail because it clearly specifies requirements for flash ad like click tags, flash version, animation length and speed etc...I could perhaps think that you will receive an error only if your ad doesn't adhere to what the specifications are set by Google.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepak_V
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi info, 

I'd also check that you're using a version of Flash that we can support. We support Falsh versions 4-10 and actionscript code versions 1-3. 

Hope this helps!

A.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Spot-on Alys,

It was a Flash version issue.

And this one goes to the Adwords 2013 wish list - An adwords resourse with image ad Error codes and causes.

Thank you.... A..!

Info

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alys,

I am getting that exact same error message for two our of the six banners I'm uploading. My banners are not flash and they are all under 50K. Do you have any idea what may be triggering the error?

Thanks so much!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I am having big troubles uploading GIF ads using AdWords Editor as well. There are many ad groups and ads, so bulk upload is the only option really, and we are getting nowhere and all we get is a message saying: "Error: Invalid image. To post the ad, please use a different image"

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

I'd try creating a single image ad with this image in the web interface. It'll likely also fail, and the web interface usually shows more detailed diagnostic.

Alternatively, turn on diagnostic logging in Editor, and look for the error details in the log (search for "error" or "exception"). Again, usually the server sends some additional details that Editor doesn't normally surface to the user.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am having the same problem as you. I tried going back to flash version 9 but I am still getting the error.

Did you have to change any other settings to not get this error?