AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

If I make a new adgroup QS updates right away vs a delay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I make a new ad group with new ad copy the new QS shows right away but if I change the ad copy in the group it doesnt.

How long does it take the ad relivancy QS to update after I change ad copy or would I be better off just making new groups to quickly review the changes the new ad copy has to QS?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If I make a new adgroup QS updates right away vs a delay

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, there really is no way to "quickly" review Quality Score since the score given to new Keywords is initially based largely upon the performance of other advertisers and it may be some time before your "own" score settles down.  However, you can measure CTR as soon as you start getting clicks so if you're trying to improve QS, aiming to improve your CTR is a good way to go.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: If I make a new adgroup QS updates right away vs a delay

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Welcome to the AdWords Community:

but if I change the ad copy in the group it doesnt.

Yes, if you edit the ad copy it also consider the past performance of the keywords, CTR and Landing page relevancy and experience.

How long does it take the ad relevancy QS to update after I change ad copy or would I be better off just making new groups to quickly review the changes the new ad copy has to QS?

As soon as your ad copy is review by your Adwords Team, it will update the ad copy relevancy. But be sure it also consider your old landing page or paused ad copy.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’