AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

IP exclusions not working on remarketing campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set the IP exclusions on a remarketing campaign to ignore my IP address, but the ads are still showing up. I'm 100% sure it's the correct IP address (taken directly from whatismyip.com and double-checked on other sites). The campaign type is "Display Network only - Remarketing" which, from what I've read, allows from IP exclusion.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: IP exclusions not working on remarketing campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

When did you set this exclusion? If you are not using a static external IP, exclusion will not be much effective. You will usually have a different IP everyday if you have not subscribed to a static IP from your ISP. In this case, AdWords will not know your changed IPs everyday and thus exclusion will not be effective. 

However, if you are using a static one, it must work, make sure you are entering the right IP. You can find it with a simple Google search like - What is my ip?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. I set the exclusion about a month ago. It is a static IP address and has not changed since I got Google Fiber. I just checked again using whatismyip.com and it's still the same IP address in my exclusion list.

The only thing I find unusual is that Google Fiber is using IPv4 addresses (23.228.136.xxx) and not IPv6, but I'm assuming they're using the old version for compatibility reasons.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have any ideas on this problem (I'm mostly talking to Google because I think this is a technical problem on their end)? I'm still seeing ads. My IP address is still that same as the excluded address the last time I posted on here.

I noticed on Google Adwords that the IP address exclusion area says, "You may still get some impressions and clicks from excluded IP addresses if a Google Network site doesn't provide users' IP information."

I'm not sure how they define "some" but these ads show up every day.