AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

IP blocking for customers who have converted

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I run a lead gen PPC account for a client and would like to know if its possible to add converting customers IP addresses to a blocked list, so they don't see our ads again after converting?

I know I can manually block up to 12 IP addresses but this needs to be more of an automated service?

Thanks

Jack Taylor

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack T
September 2015

Re: IP blocking for customers who have converted

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack,

Have you considered creating a remarketing list made up only of converted users and then adding that as a negative audience?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack T
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack,

Have you considered creating a remarketing list made up only of converted users and then adding that as a negative audience?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Clynton,

Thats a Genius workaround. ill give it a go now.

Thankyou

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Jack,

Do you really need to do this?  If you're advertising via the Display Network you're likely getting a very high number of impressions compared to the number of converting visitors so I'd question whether excluding them is going to have much effect on CTR or cost (if you're using CPM).  On the other hand, if you continue to show the Ads, maybe someone who converted once as a lead but didn't follow through, might come back again if they change their mind.

It's just a thought.  You'll need to balance the benefit of blocking these people against the potential benefit of them clicking the Ad(s) again even after they've converted once.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That is not a workaround, it's the "direct approach" when it comes to AdWords Smiley Happy. IP blocking is the workaround.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks