AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

IP Exclusion is Not Working Properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an obvious victim of Google Click Fraud as I am receiving ad clicks from the same IP addresses and devices from China, conveniently for the attackers, every 30 minutes or so.

I've added the full IP addresses to the "IP exclusions" list of my "Search Network only - All features" campaign. Yet I still continue to receive ad clicks from those IPs.

I am totally out of clues since blocking my own IPs worked just fine. I tested the exclusion feature using an IP in Hong Kong and Beijing.

Could there be an explanation why I am continuing to receive ad clicks from blocked IPs? Is there a setting I could have missed?

Thank you,

Yul

Re: IP Exclusion is Not Working Properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Click fraud is almost always picked up by Google however it can sometimes happen without Google's knowledge.

If they detect it they will refund your costs and it will appear in your reports as such. However, if you believe the fraud review system has been subverted then contact Adwords support. They will get to the bottom of it pretty quickly.