AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to change my maximum CPC for two of my adgroups only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have three adgroups within my campaign. I would like to change the maximum CPC for two of the adgroups only. Is this possible? Or can I only change at the capaign level? Any adivce you can provide owuld be greatly apperciated.

Thank you

Katy

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I would like to change my maximum CPC for two of my adgroups only.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Katy.

Just select the Ad Group tab and in that list change the CPC by clicking on the "Default Max. CPC" cell. It's not clear in the interface that it's editable, but if you click on the current amount, you can change it.

Hopefully, at campaign level, the bidding type is "Manual, maximum CPC bidding', and not "AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Kathryn,

You can most definitely change your max cpc on the Ad group level.

1.  Just got to your camapign

2. Then click the ad group you want to change the bid for.

3. Then right below the green Add Keyword button, check the box that will select all KeywordsScreenshot_3.png

4. Then click on the Edit button

5. Go to "Change Max CPC bids"

6. And there you can chnage the max bid for that ad group.

OR you can click on the Max Cpc box for each keyword and change bids accordingly for each individual keyword.

PPCSophie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Katy.

Just select the Ad Group tab and in that list change the CPC by clicking on the "Default Max. CPC" cell. It's not clear in the interface that it's editable, but if you click on the current amount, you can change it.

Hopefully, at campaign level, the bidding type is "Manual, maximum CPC bidding', and not "AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Kathryn,

You can most definitely change your max cpc on the Ad group level.

1.  Just got to your camapign

2. Then click the ad group you want to change the bid for.

3. Then right below the green Add Keyword button, check the box that will select all KeywordsScreenshot_3.png

4. Then click on the Edit button

5. Go to "Change Max CPC bids"

6. And there you can chnage the max bid for that ad group.

OR you can click on the Max Cpc box for each keyword and change bids accordingly for each individual keyword.

PPCSophie