AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to block google.com.mx, google.com.hk, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to block google.com.mx, google.com.hk, etc.   Is this possible?  

Thank you for your time,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I would like to block google.com.mx, google.com.hk, etc.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EverwoodFarm and welcome to the forum.

Can you give us some details of what you're advertising and where?  It sounds like you're getting traffic from around the world when you only want to advertise in one (or others) regions in which case it may be that you'll just need to change your targeting settings rather than "block" others.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What we sell:  We resell and distribute beneficial insects, organic fertilizers, soil testing products, etc specifically for the USA market.  Most of our products can not be exported even if we had any desire to do so. 

Methods:  Merchant Center data feeds for Google Shopping and classic AdWords text adds, Search network only.

Target settings:  USA only

Problem:  anywhere from a third to a half of our miniscule daily budget is eaten up by frivolous clickers from sources outside the USA:  google.com.mx,  google.com.hk,  google.co.th,  google.co.zw, (et al) with India and Russia being the worst...  

Partial Solutions we have tried:  We are using truncated display hours, and blocked the worst IP's from Russia and India, which has helped but not even close to resolving the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Dave

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also waiting to find the solution of such types of problems.