AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I need to get the "Call" before my phone number at the top of my add.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have my phone number at the top of my add, but when you click on it, it goes to my website. I would like it to only give the option to call me. Does anyone have any help on how to change this? Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I need to get the "Call" before my phone number at the top of my add.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

It seems like you are looking for click to call only.

However, be aware that not all users are expecting for their smart phone to start making a call as sson as they click on a link. How many actually know the difference between a paid ad and an organic link to begin with?

If you are going to use click-to-call only for smartphones, expect that you will be charged for clicks which do not result in a completed call, or a visit to the website. The percentage of click-to-call clicks to actually completed tracked mobile calls could be (for example) as low as 25%, and that's with the option of clicking or calling. You will certainly get more click-to-call clicks with this option, but if you're not using google forwarding numbers and call metrics, you won't know how many of those charged click-to-call clicks actually result in intended phone calls.

If you do want to try click-to-call only, here's a step by step guide to set it up. Although, my opinions on the matter have certainly changed over the last year (ignore the forward, please). Am I ok plugging the website there Lakatos? Is there now an official google doc or wiki article on how to set up click to call only?

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Keith,

I assume that you're targeting desktop and laptop computers because you did not mention other options like mobiles. Chances are that what you want to do is to create call extensions, however, on desktop or laptop computers, the business phone number won't appear, unless you're using call extensions with forwarding phone numbers. This advanced option is only available to customers in the U.S., U.K., and Germany.

For more, please refer to the help page linked-to below:

*** Add call extensions with forwarding numbers

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454052

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am actually targeting mostly mobile smart phones. When potential customers search from their phone, I would like our number to be at the top with only the option to call us. On desktops and laptops I do not want the phone number to be the header, I would like people to visit our website.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

It seems like you are looking for click to call only.

However, be aware that not all users are expecting for their smart phone to start making a call as sson as they click on a link. How many actually know the difference between a paid ad and an organic link to begin with?

If you are going to use click-to-call only for smartphones, expect that you will be charged for clicks which do not result in a completed call, or a visit to the website. The percentage of click-to-call clicks to actually completed tracked mobile calls could be (for example) as low as 25%, and that's with the option of clicking or calling. You will certainly get more click-to-call clicks with this option, but if you're not using google forwarding numbers and call metrics, you won't know how many of those charged click-to-call clicks actually result in intended phone calls.

If you do want to try click-to-call only, here's a step by step guide to set it up. Although, my opinions on the matter have certainly changed over the last year (ignore the forward, please). Am I ok plugging the website there Lakatos? Is there now an official google doc or wiki article on how to set up click to call only?

Tom

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes, Tom, I think you are okay. You have done a great job and the posting dialogue with Mark is very thoughtful too. Best material I have seen on this subject matter.

(Say hello to your father for me, please.)