AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I moved from Search & Display to SNDS and there's a drop in traffic...

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Nikunj is going to give us a detailed explanation as to why this may happen. Please go through the solution below!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sagarika E
September 2015

Re: I moved from Search & Display to SNDS and there's a drop in tr

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi community,

If you switch your Search & Display Network campaign to the Search Network with Display Select format, you should expect a Display traffic decrease if Display was previously the focus of your campaign. This is because the targeting is highly selective when it comes to showing ads on the Display network in order to maximize performance. If you notice this in your campaign and want a stronger focus on display, we suggest creating a separate Display network only campaign using the budget that you previously spent on the Search & Display Network campaign.

You should note that the traffic that you get on Search with Display Select, although lower than what you used to get with the Search & Display Network campaign, is much more relevant as the system selectively displays your ads on relevant sites related to your business. However, if what you are looking for is higher traffic, then like I said, I recommend creating a separate campaign targeting the Display network only.

Let us know if you have any questions about this or feel free to share your experience if you have recently adopted the Search with Display Select campaign format.

Nikunj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sagarika E
September 2015

Re: I moved from Search & Display to SNDS and there's a drop in tr

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi community,

If you switch your Search & Display Network campaign to the Search Network with Display Select format, you should expect a Display traffic decrease if Display was previously the focus of your campaign. This is because the targeting is highly selective when it comes to showing ads on the Display network in order to maximize performance. If you notice this in your campaign and want a stronger focus on display, we suggest creating a separate Display network only campaign using the budget that you previously spent on the Search & Display Network campaign.

You should note that the traffic that you get on Search with Display Select, although lower than what you used to get with the Search & Display Network campaign, is much more relevant as the system selectively displays your ads on relevant sites related to your business. However, if what you are looking for is higher traffic, then like I said, I recommend creating a separate campaign targeting the Display network only.

Let us know if you have any questions about this or feel free to share your experience if you have recently adopted the Search with Display Select campaign format.

Nikunj