AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I'm unable to validate a PLA Product Target ID. Any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to set up a PLA campaign that is specific to one brand of products. In these PLA's I have particular products targeted. However, whenever I try to setup an auto target with id, Adwords responds by saying "Validation using ID attribute is not currently available." What does this mean? What can I do about it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm unable to validate a PLA Product Target ID. Any ideas?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jacob, 

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

This is an interesting point, and I have an answer for you on this one. When adding a Product Target using the ID attribute, you will receive the message: "Validation using ID attribute is not currently available". This is actually expected behavior.

The validation feature does not yet work when using Product IDs but Product Filters & Targets that are properly set up by ID will still serve. Essentially, right now we do not have the functionality to ensure that the Product ID is listed in your feed. However, the validation process is not required for PLAs to serve - this is just a indication that our system recognizes the product is listed in your feed. Actual PLA serving is contingent on ensuring that your products are matched to product targets. We are working on improvements to the validation system so that Product IDs will be able to be validated in the future.

Hope this helps!

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Following on from this, I am currently trying to set up a PLA Account and Targeting by product_type.

I have double that the product_type attribute I am using in AdWords matches the product_type attribute in the Merchant Centre exactly.

However, whenever I validate I get the error message:  "This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed."

I have checked that the correct Merchant Centre account is linked to my Campaign.  I have checked the format of the product_type wording multiple times.  All the Products in the Merchant Centre are marked as "Searchable".

So, I am at a loss as to why this isn't validating.  Is there something glaring that I might be missing?

Thanks

Adam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alys
I have a similar problem.
I am trying to set up a PLA campaign using auto target. I am adding products using Product ID
When I try and validate I get the error message "This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed."
Using the same product ID in the Google Merchant Center, which is linked to my campaign, the product shows up just fine when I search for it.

I have added products sucessfully a month ago and it worked just fine. Any new products I add now have the above error.

Will the new products I have added that dont validate show up in my PLA Campaign?
Will campaign operate as normal?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ron

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I ended up here while trying to find why I, also, get ""This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed."", even when I've double checked that the id number is correct, etc.

Alys, below, seemed to be saying that this error message is normal.
So, I tried just hitting save (even with the error message) and the ID=xyz DOES now show in my list of product targets. Silly me for thinking an error message meant it would not work. Smiley Happy

So, I'm adding this for anyone else in this situation --- just hit save anyway, perhaps the item will be added.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem.

I can not target by anything in adwords, my labels, ID nothing it says not there. Like the other user I can search and find it fine in Merchant Center where I uploaded the feed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HA! Cindy G your suggestion worked for me thank you =)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I try to validate my Product IDs from my feed, I also received the error message "This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed."

The true testament that it's not working, is that the items that receive this message have also received 0 impressions in the two weeks they have been listed.

I wonder, Cindy and Mark, now that you saved your ids in your product listing targets, do you see any impressions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No impressions yet for me yet been 18 hrs.

Can anyone from Google comment on this?