AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I'm trying to edit my google ad I keep getting This campaign and its

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to edit my Google ad but keep getting

This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords. this is not in Adword express just ad words I'm not using express.sooooo how do I edit the ADWORDS ad content?One thing this ad I'm trying to edit is new, so is it possible it may take a lil time before I can edit? Appreciate any help cause I'm getting no where with ad title as it stands..........thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm trying to edit my google ad I keep getting This campaign and i

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Eddie W, 

Welcome to adwords community, 

You can make changes to your ad text at any time by following the steps below. Just be aware that editing an ad is the same as creating a new ad and deleting the old one, which means that your new ad will have to go through our usual approval process.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab.
  3. Click the Ads tab.
  4. Add you new Ad. 

Hope it helps you. 

Thank you 

Suman 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Eddie W,

Are you able to edit the campaign name or any other part of it? AWX screams out at me but you say it's not so I'm a bit confused about this one. If the campaign name can't be edited and it is a really long random number and letter name, it has to be AWX.

I've had issues in the past with managing an account and the client goes off and just adds an AWX campaign without letting me know.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You..giving it a try right now..thks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well after hours of trying to edit my ad I give up!!!!!! I cancelled my account...maybe I'll try again,I know Google will not miss me but I sure would have liked to have had my site in their ad program.I;m going to let the hairs grow back that i pulled out then try again. Thanks for your suggestions it is good to know there are people out there willing to take time to help others

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

The only kind of campaign that produces this particular message is an AdWords Express campaign. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*