AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I'm getting visits from excluded locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'ts just that. I have specified my targeted locations and also the excluded ones. Most of my visits come from the targeted ones, but I also get some from the excluded ones (according to analytics). Is this normal? Is there a way to solve it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JuanIrache
September 2015

Re: I'm getting visits from excluded locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JuanIrache;

A number of reasons could explain that:

• Geo targeting is not perfect, since bases on IP allocation. If you target by zip-code or drawing a circle (around the targeted area) you may find IP addresses that were attributed to your targeting area, though the user is physically outside the targeted area.
  • Have you excluded targeting by intent? : Those outside your targeted area, searching (using google search) for a service /product within the targeted area will get to see the ad. To exclude those, you need to target the location only.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe, I think it's solved now.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm getting visits from excluded locations only!  What am I doing wrong?  Up to now, not one visit from within the US which is our target area.  My budget is shot and it is only 10:30 am.  Please help!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Arise;

Please open a new discussions and provide some more details

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’