AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I'm connected to my AdWords account OK.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm connected to my AdWords account OK.  I want to correct the URL which users see when they click to go to my website.  I believe this would be under "Campaigns", but I don't understand how to bring up these Campaigns.

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm connected to my AdWords account OK.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi specht3,

First, create a campaign. Give it a descriptive name. Then create an AdGroup, again give it a descriptive name that measn something to you.

After that, create an ad. The destination URL for the ad will be the page users go to after clicking on your ad. The display URL is what is shown with your ad. It must be at the same domain as the destination URL (after all redirects). The display URL is not required to be a reachable page, but I prefer when it does. You can not mix domains within an AdGroup, but you can advertise multiple domains within a single account.

If you already have an ad, select the ads tab, find your ad, hover over it wiht your mouse, then click on the pencil icon.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: I'm connected to my AdWords account OK.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Spech,

Drill down to your campaign, click the Ads tab and check the ad copy in question. Next select Change text ads ... on the Edit dropdown. Focus your attention on the Display (Visible) URL.

Keep in mind that any edit to an ad copy deletes the old ad and creates a new one. Then new ads are submitted for review.

Best,

Lakatos