AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have placed an advert on Adwords but it does not show up .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have placed an advert on Adwords but it does not show up when I do a search using the keywords.  There is nothing telling me there is a problem or that I have not completed the process.

It just says "eligable" alongside the ad.

When I do the search no other adverts appear on the page either,  it is a niche area and because no-one else seemed to be advertising the same I put in  low bid.

How do I tell if the ad has been placed correctly.  I find the interface very poor to use say compared to Ebay where there is no doubt if your ad is live and what problem would be causing it not to be live.   I expected much better from Google.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have placed an advert on Adwords but it does not show up .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Allanpaulett,

There can be a couple of reasons why your ad might not be showing up.

• It can take more than several hour for your ad to start shoulding up in the search results
  • Make sure you aren't being limited by your budget. This can cause your ad to turn off and on through out the day.
  • Check you average position. If it is too high your ad might not show up.
  • Check your keywords to make sure they don't say search volumn too low
  • If you check the impression column that will show how often your ad has been shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help,  I guess it is live, it now shows 5 impressions, no clicks, av position 8.8 so it's not a budget problem (unfortunately ).

But it still does not appear when I search for the most obvious keywords, nor do any competitor adverts.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI allanpaulett

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

PLease use the ad preview and diagnosis tool when searching for your ads. Searching for your own ad in a regualr search will cause impressions to occrue on your account, this can in turn affect your click through rate. PLease read more about this here-

Find your ad

Using the ad preview tool mentioned in this link allows you to search without occruing impressions etc.

Kind regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

An average position of 8.8 might be too high to get on the front page. Try increasing your bid (again this will take  few hours to affect the search results page) to bring up your average position.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Allanpaulett,

Two things for you.

First, "eligible" means your ad has not yet been approved. It will run on Google search only until it has been approved.

Second, no ads on a SERP does not necessarily mean you can get impressions with a low bid. More often, it means other advertisers have tried the keyword(s) with little or no success. It can also mean you will need to bid higher to get impressions.

With an average position of 8.8, I would agree with Jeremy. Raise your bids. And do use the Ad Preview tool to look for your ad.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I don't understand is that if no-one is advertising with some of the keywords that I  am using then why isn't my advert showing on that page ?   When I  do the search there are no adverts at all on the page.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Run your search phrase through a keyword sugestion tool. If there isn't any monthly search volume for a particular keyword Google will most likely not run any ads for that phrase.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've only just noticed that no adverts appear on the search page whatever I  search for ! I don't know how long it has been like this or what occured to stop them appearing,   it is not something that I have changed intentionally.

Any ideas how to get them appearing again ? Can't find anything in settings.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi allanpaullett,

You should really be using the Ad Preview Tool to check the position of your ads. You may have installed an ad blocker or something like that. Look in your browser plug-ins and extensions.

The live Google search results pages are customized for you, including which ads are shown. If you search for your keywords that trigger ad impressions often enough, Google will figure you're just not interested in the ad and stop showing it to you. That does not happen with the Ad Preview Tool.

Again, simply because no other ads appear on a page for a particular keyword, it does not mean you can get impressions with a low CPC or QS. That most often indicates the keyworrd has a poor performance history with AdWords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords