AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have persian keywords showing up in the searched keywords!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have broad match set up for a keyword. It does get loads of clicks and impressions but the quality isn't good. I get one conversion for every 100 odd clicks.

To make it convert better i did a search on the words being used under 'keyword details' - 'search terms' and found there are loads of persian words that are included in the search terms even though i have set my 'language' preferences to only 'english' in my campaign settings.

Is this meant to be like this? I don't understand the words so can't tell what to add as a negative keyword or if they are relevant. I am a bit puzzled why these searched terms are being included in my broad match.

If anyone can shine a light on what i might be doing wrong here it would be great. I am sure it didn't used to be like this.

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: I have persian keywords showing up in the searched keywords - language targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dalesully; and welcome to AdWords community;

This is really a nice question, and I had a similar case in the past. It took me a while to figure the reason.

Here is a brief :

• I found search queries In Arabic in a campaign in English, while the language targeted was English.
  • What I learnt was that I had a keyword in broad match, in English , that is largely used "as is" using English syntax in many other languages. (Very common with technical words...e.g. Data, Smartphone, Video, etc.. )
  • Since the keyword was in broad match, when a user (within the territory targeted) did a search in Arabic and included in the search query the keyword in English syntax, - it triggered my ad.

I left it as is, because it was an important keywords, that had to be in broad match (A technical term).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: I have persian keywords showing up in the searched keywords - language targeting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Moshe, That's a great Advice!

Dalesully, May be you can use translate.google.com & translate all your persian search terms in English.  By this you can find out relevant and irrelevant terms. Now, leave relevant terms as it is & add irrelevant terms as -ve. 

It bit of a hectic but worth doing it to save money.

Just a thought!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dalesully; and welcome to AdWords community;

This is really a nice question, and I had a similar case in the past. It took me a while to figure the reason.

Here is a brief :

• I found search queries In Arabic in a campaign in English, while the language targeted was English.
  • What I learnt was that I had a keyword in broad match, in English , that is largely used "as is" using English syntax in many other languages. (Very common with technical words...e.g. Data, Smartphone, Video, etc.. )
  • Since the keyword was in broad match, when a user (within the territory targeted) did a search in Arabic and included in the search query the keyword in English syntax, - it triggered my ad.

I left it as is, because it was an important keywords, that had to be in broad match (A technical term).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Moshe, That's a great Advice!

Dalesully, May be you can use translate.google.com & translate all your persian search terms in English.  By this you can find out relevant and irrelevant terms. Now, leave relevant terms as it is & add irrelevant terms as -ve. 

It bit of a hectic but worth doing it to save money.

Just a thought!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: I have persian keywords showing up in the searched keywords!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
if you like I can translate that Persian keywords to English for you if you like