AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have a question regarding ad words and placement on the site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When viewing Google analytics I have found that certain placement along the side of the page lead to higher clicks and higher revenue, is there a way to request where you are placed on a page or more information regarding the more adminstrative tasks? I have recently taken over the management of the online site for a company looking to improve turnover/bounce rate and sales, so im trying to figure out the best way to allocate the resources provided based on location, words and if there is a more successful CPC price etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, yes i have visited the Youtube page and studied that, as well as I am enrolled in the google analytics 101 course . 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a question regarding ad words and placement on the site

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have found that certain placement along the side of the page lead to higher clicks and higher revenue, is there a way to request where you are placed on a page or more information regarding the more adminstrative tasks?

Are you referring to a position at Google search, or at another website, a placement in the Google display network?

adminstrative tasks - what does this mean?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

placement of the ads on the page, when we are in the first position naturally we have a higher CTR rating and a lower bounce rate but when we are placed at 10 we get almost no hits, I dont want to pay for 10 if I have to spend more or do somthing different I would like to try and get as high of a placement as possible.... Administrative tasks would be add ons anything that can assist in decrasing bounce rate and increasing the views of our page in whole. There is your basic analytics and then there are companies that assist with the process and I didnt know if there was a package or plan or some process heard of that could increase these features without just trial and error of ad words... like knowing that 1.00 a click leads to #1 spot or something of the sort or if there is a different form of advertising offered other than just ad words. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello beeyondpaper;

Your ad rank is a result of your bid multiplied by the QS.

you can certainly work to higher your QS (which is mostly a direct function of CTR- the higher the CTR - the higher the QS - See further reading in the link below).)

You can also increase your bid.

My opinion is that the "race to get the #1" rank is meaningless. As long as your ad is above the fold, and the user does not have to scroll down to see it, and assuming the ad-copy is attractive/ focused with a call to action; you should achieve a nice CTR.

Further reading (From the user articles section)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thats what i needed thank you