AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have a question about remarketing.

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

A big corporation has thousands of local businesses all across the USA.  These businesses do their own marketing in their local areas but their corporate office manages their websites.  Therefore, they have no ability to put a code on their site in order for them to use remarketing. 

They said apparently remarketing is extremely time consuming (they are using it to promote the corporate site).

Is remarketing something you would recommend to a local business?  Or is it something works better for big brands?  Like for example, Victorias Secret uses it for victoriassecret.com, but if I had a location in Minneapolis I owned, would it make sense for me to do it for my particular store.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a question about remarketing.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joy,

There are a lot of variables involved here, so it's going ot be hard to give a definitive answer. In general, if the DN works for your business, remarketing should work as well. I have no idea why they would say "remarketing is extremely time consuming". I don't know why it would be any more time consuming than any search or display campaign. Perhaps they could give you a little more reasoning behind the statement.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Pete,

I have more details, I just didn't want to post them on the forum.  I'll msg you on G+ and give you the details.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Why would they care if it takes time? It's your time.

I understand the corporation wanting control over the look and feel of websites. It's their brand after all and want all local sites to be the same. My sister has a similar situation. Unfortunately, the corporation makes it difficult to make some changes such as adding tracking code. In my sister's case, she wants a bilingual site but they won't allow her to have a button to switch languages.

The only thing you can do is continue pressuring the corporation that you need to do this. It's in everybody's best interest.