AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have a promotional message on both of my PLAs. One is running, the other isn't. The wording in each is slightly different. Why aren’t they working?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Ad rotation is something that can be quite account specific and dependant on your performance but with PLAs there are some important things to bear in mind to make sure that your ads are eligible to run.

Kathleen is here with some suggestions for troubleshooting this. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hannah
September 2015

Re: I have a promotional message on both of my PLAs. One is running, t

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Happy to share tips Hannah!

It is quite normal for ads to perform differently. We enter both ads into the ad auction, but the one that actually serves depends on rank. If one ad is going to get you a higher position, we will always show that one (even if it means the ads don't rotate evenly).

If one of them isn’t serving at all then something to bear in mind with PLAs is making sure your promotional message is actually promotional. For example, something like 'Order Online From Us!' isn’t considered a promotional message so any ads containing a message like this wont serve.  Instead promotional messages should be a unique message for your listings, such as a coupon code or a free shipping promotion.

I hope this helps!

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hannah
September 2015

Re: I have a promotional message on both of my PLAs. One is running, t

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Happy to share tips Hannah!

It is quite normal for ads to perform differently. We enter both ads into the ad auction, but the one that actually serves depends on rank. If one ad is going to get you a higher position, we will always show that one (even if it means the ads don't rotate evenly).

If one of them isn’t serving at all then something to bear in mind with PLAs is making sure your promotional message is actually promotional. For example, something like 'Order Online From Us!' isn’t considered a promotional message so any ads containing a message like this wont serve.  Instead promotional messages should be a unique message for your listings, such as a coupon code or a free shipping promotion.

I hope this helps!

Kathleen