AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have a 200% CTR for a keyword for today.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At what point does Google prevent an IP from multiple clicking?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I have a 200% CTR for a keyword for today.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi jimmywiggles,

That 200% CTR does not indicate 2 clicks from one impression. Instead, it indicates the data is not yet complete. All reporting is delayed up to 24 hours, so it's always best to check yesterday's stats rather than today's.

Google does not limit impressions on the search network, so your ad could show to the same person several times a day. That person could click on your ad more than once. Google's system for detecting invalid clicks (the same person clicking on your ad multiple times in a short period of time) is pretty good. You can add the invalid clicks data column to the campaign tab to see how many invalid clicks Google has detected.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jimmywiggles
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It won't prevent multiple clicking via an IP, however the "vast majority" of invalid clicks/click fraud are filtered out and subsequently not charged for.

This page provides all the information you need on how invalid clicks are filtered.

Ryan.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi jimmywiggles,

That 200% CTR does not indicate 2 clicks from one impression. Instead, it indicates the data is not yet complete. All reporting is delayed up to 24 hours, so it's always best to check yesterday's stats rather than today's.

Google does not limit impressions on the search network, so your ad could show to the same person several times a day. That person could click on your ad more than once. Google's system for detecting invalid clicks (the same person clicking on your ad multiple times in a short period of time) is pretty good. You can add the invalid clicks data column to the campaign tab to see how many invalid clicks Google has detected.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jimmywiggles
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply