AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I have 2 businesses. Ads for biz A showing location of biz B.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running Google ads for my retail store, and I noticed that the ads are showing the location of my B&B. I am not running any ads for the B&B. The locations of both businesses appear correct in the My Business dashboard.

Under the Ad Extensions tab, both of these "locations" show up. Should I delete the location of the B&B from that list?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have 2 businesses. Ads for biz A showing location of biz B.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The location which is shown to the user is the  location  nearest to the user physical location.
If you don't want both locations to be shown, have only one as location a extension.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. OK. I just want to point out that Google seems to assume that 2 businesses linked to one email address must be branches of the same business. Maybe they want to allow that they could be separate businesses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I succeeded in removing the unwanted location, but the method wasn't obvious. I had to add a location extension at the campaign level with a filter that matches the business name of the correct business....phew. Is all this complexity necessary?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Joe;
On that I agree with you. I heard the same complaint from another advertiser. (Could be even on this forum- I don't recall where...)
Anyway, this forum- all its posts- are monitored and read by Google. Feedback / comments / inputs are referred to the proper team at Google.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’