AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I edit my destination URL but old URL still shows up in searches

N/A
# 1
N/A

I have Edited my Destination URL in Adwords and it shows that it is approved but Google is still using my old Destination URL in Searches.  Is there a way to fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I edit my destination URL but old URL still shows up in searches

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

How long ago did you make this change? It can take a couple of hours from when you make changes for it to take effect on the search results page.

N/A
# 3
N/A

It's been over a week since I made the edit.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Do you have multiple ads in one ad group going to different URL? because you can only target one url per ad group.

N/A
# 5
N/A

I do, but only one is active and that is the Destination URL I changed.  Would deleted and paused ads have an effect on the destination URL for the active ad?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Do you have any keyword level destinations? You can add that column to the keywords tab. If you have any, you'll need to change them too.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

N/A
# 7
N/A

I went threw the entire ad group and changed all Destination URLs to the accurate url.  There is no destination URL set for my keywords.  It's been a couple of days and my ads are still pointing to the wrong URL.  Any other Ideas?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

"I went threw the entire ad group and changed all Destination URLs to the accurate url."

How many ads do you have in the group? I thought you had only one active one. And you have no keyword level keywords, so what were you going through?

Just curious.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords