AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I dont want my adword campaign to start right away, does it have to?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont want my adword campaign to start right away, does it have to? 

Is there any way of signing up- I have an ad word voucher, and waiting until your website goes live to activate it (I dont want people coming to site until it is up and running)

I have a voucher from volusion for adwords and i have to use within a limited amount of time Help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I dont want my adword campaign to start right away, does it have t

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Chantelle Kamala M , Welcome to the Community !

Your voucher has an expiration date, it is either printed if the vouchers is on paper or in the email if it was an email voucher. After that date, you cannot use it anymore.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Chantelle,

I think you should have a website that is attractive to your potential customers and abides by the AdWords Policies up and running before you attempt to set up your account. You don't want to risk having your account suspended or ads disapproved due to lack of a proper/functional site.

However, if you can get through the registration process, you do not have to start your ads immediately as you have options to Schedule when your campaigns can run.

The other side to this is that some promo coupons need to have X spend in a certain amount of days before the promotional funds will be awarded.  

I hate to say it but if your whole reasoning for advertising is due to the fact that you have a coupon, you may want to re-consider.  Campaigns take time (often longer than the time it takes to spend promotional dollars) to collect valuable data which is used to refine and optimize your account.  

Also if it is imperative that you have a promotional spend, coupons are available all over the place.  It really shouldn't be too difficult to find one once your site is set up.

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your reply, you have been so helpful!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chantelle, Nathan here from Volusion. I agree with PPCBossman, but just wanted to add a couple options for you:

1.       You can apply the AdWords credit now and just not create any ads or add any keywords yet. Then once you are ready that credit will be on your account waiting for you.

2.       Sometimes you can use the voucher even if it says it’s expired. The important thing is that you are only ever allowed to use one per account, so as long as you haven’t used one before you may be able to use it in a few months even if it technically expires now.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nathan