AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I dont use Adwords, but I show up in Google ADS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't use adwords. Last time I tried it with a free coupon was a year ago. But my domain shows up in google ads with 20 different terms, and all these terms even point to my website. Some of the words are related to my website and some are not. I checked my adwords account and I see that I don't have any of the campaigns that shows up in google ads. I am really confused and I dont know how this can happen. Is someone making ad campaigns and pointing the ads to my domainname? If this is the case I do not understand what the intension of doing this could be? This problem has been for 1 week now.. Does anyone know what this can be and how I can stop this?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: I dont use Adwords, but I show up in Google ADS

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Selahattin,

Thank you for this feedback. I think the best way to help you is to refer this post to our support team. I have contacted them and they should be in touch via email shortly. 

Be sure to look out for an email from AdWords-support because it may go to your spam box. 

We should be able to get this sorted out for you. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
Jut to verify: When clicking on the ad are you directed to your website?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Selahattin,

Thank you for this feedback. I think the best way to help you is to refer this post to our support team. I have contacted them and they should be in touch via email shortly. 

Be sure to look out for an email from AdWords-support because it may go to your spam box. 

We should be able to get this sorted out for you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, when you click on the ad you get to my website

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@Selahattin,
Let us know the result of the investigation; This is an interesting case;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’