AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I changed the phone number in Call Extension but it is not updating it on the ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

Last Tuesday I changed the phone number in the Call Extension but my ad is still showing up the old number on Google Search.

Is there another place where I have to change it?

For how long do I have to wait for this? It's been 48hs now.

BTW, I'm not using Google forwarding number.

The new phone number status is ''Approved'' on the Call Extension, so I do not see any problem unless that I'm forgetting something. Can anybody help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I changed the phone number in Call Extension but it is not updating it on the ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

The number will usually change immediately, so it's odd that you're seeing such a delay.

Do you have any call extensions at the ad group level? (To find out, click the "Ad group extension" button shown in your screenshot). Ad group extensions trump campaign extensions.

When you say that the old phone number is showing up, are you seeing it in Ad Preview, live on Google, or both?

Best,

John

Re: I changed the phone number in Call Extension but it is not updating it on the ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.

No, I do not have any call extension in ''Ad Group Extension''.

When I said that I can still see the old number in my ad, I meant that I can see it in my ad live on Google Search.

But because you asked, I also checked in ''Ad Preview and Diagnosis'', and I cannot see the Call Extension there.

Any ideas?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi,

It sounds like a system glitch to me.

I would try:

1. Clear your browser cache and test again to see if the old number still appears in live ads. Take a screenshot if it does.
2. If the old number is still appearing, contact AdWords via this portal: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

I hope you're able to resolve the problem!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried since the beginning in several computers. And it's still showing the old number in my ad.

Unfortunately, Google does not have support vía email or chat (every time I choose this options, it opens the help menu that only guides you to help articles, not real email or chat).

I will try on the phone tomorrow. Thanks for trying John anyway.

If anyone else have any ideas, I will be glad to hear.

I changed the phone number in Call Extension but it is not updating it on the ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey New 

I am experiencing the same issue. Were you able to fix the issue? 

Thanks for letting me know! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NBLO
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I was able to fix this issue.

The problem was that our account in Google My Business had the old phone number, and then it was a chain of events from there to Google Maps --> Google Adwords.

And at the time I posted my previous messages I did not have access to that account to check this.

Just update you phone number in any other Google service that you are using, like Google My Business and it will update automatically in the Call extension of Adwords.