AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I cant delete my shared negative keywords lists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there.

I asked this earlier today, only I didn't do a good job of explaining myself...so Im starting again.

I have 4 negative keywords lists in my shared negative keywords library.  They are linked to old campaigns that have recently been removed/deleted.  I have tried to delete these lists from within the shared negative keyword library except it wont let me.  I get an error message saying that I cant delete them because they are linked to campaigns.

If I look in the old removed/deleted campaigns and look underneath the keywords where it says negative keywords.....there are no keywords there.  So it looks like the campaigns arent linked to any negative keyword lists from with the campaign or ad group level........ but if I go to the shared library its saying they are linked???

Im so confused?!  and I just want to delete the shared library neg keywords lists.  Any help please?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel P
September 2015

Re: I cant delete my shared negative keywords lists

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rachel,

See on the far right where it lists the campaigns...you haven't removed them.

Click on one of the lists and then follow what I suggested. Rinse and repeat with each of the lists.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rachel,

I've never tried to delete any shared negative lists myself. But, what may help is to just disassociate campaigns from the shared negative lists.

Go to one of your shared negative lists in the shared library. At the very bottom of the list, you should see the campaigns that the list is associated with. Click the check boxes next to the campaigns you want to remove, in this case I think it would be all, and remove them. Then try to delete the actual list as you had before.

Side note: negative keywords in a shared list do not show up at the campaign or ad group level, the only place to view or manage them in through the shared library.

Let me know if this works for you and if not, what you're experiencing.

Thanks

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

Thanks for your help.....I think I am doing what you are suggesting but it still wont work, Ive atached a screen shot for you to see my problem.

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove sensitive information. This is done to protect privacy and account security.  If it is still needed, please feel re-post the screen shot after having obscured or removed the account ID and any other sensitive account information present. 
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rachel,

See on the far right where it lists the campaigns...you haven't removed them.

Click on one of the lists and then follow what I suggested. Rinse and repeat with each of the lists.

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you......thats worked a treat..... I didnt think that was particularly user friendly though lol.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Forgive me for joining this interesting conversation. 

I find this information interesting as I do not have an option to add Shared Negative Keywords Lists at the ad group level (fragment taken from message 3) :

"First, shared library lists can be added at the campaign level or the ad group level. If they are on the ad group level, you'll need to go to that ad group first."

"If no lists are at the campaign level, you'll need to look at the ad group level."

Is this feature of applying shared lists at the ad group level available only in some accounts/some countries ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Rachel,

You may want to edit your post and remove that screenshot. It includes some personal information that is probably better off not left here.

In that particular message, click the cog/settings wheel and then edit message.

Not required by any means but probably a good idea.

-Tommy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

It appear my answer was wrong. I think I will delete it.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords