AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot find an "edit current ad" button from my admin page. Anyone help with that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Managing this ad for my church and need to edit it, not create a new ad. I cannot find an "edit current ad" button from the admin page. Can anyone tell me where to find it?

Thanks -

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I cannot find an "edit current ad" button from my admin page. Anyone help with that?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rharlow,

You're advised to select the appropriate ad copy under the Ads tab, then hover the cursor above it and hit the pencil in the upper right corner. There you go.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: I cannot find an "edit current ad" button from my admin page. Anyone help with that?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rharlow,

I never edit ads! But there are a few circumstances when you will want to do that. If there is a typo in your ad and you want to correct that, do as Lakatos suggests. Hover over the ad and click on the pencil thing when it appears. What is going to happen is the old ad will be deleted and a new one created in its place.

But, if you want to change your ad copy, maybe a different offer or call-to-action, to try to improve performance, it's always better to run 2 or more ads at the same time. Otherwise you will never really know whether your changes made things better or worse. When you do click on "New Ad", the default ad copy will already be filled in for you. Make your changes and save the ad. You now have an A/B split test. Run that until you have enough data to make a comparison. Keep the winner, pause or delete the loser, then do it all over again.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords