AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I am not sure how to separate "same keyword" targeting campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I think I am doing a big mess with my campaigns. This is my problem, I have different campaigns targeting the same keywords but each with a different target URL.

What I noticed today was that some keywords on one of my campaign was not running because there was another campaign with higher rank being displayed for that keyword on my account. Inmediately after my budget on the other campaign ends this campaign starts running normaly.

I know that there is a policy against showing more than 1 ad for the same account (I thought this was per display URL, but now I know its per account) ...but I can't tell my clients that I can't display their ads because I have their competition as a client too Smiley Tongue

Is it OK to create new AdWords accounts per clients?

Any tip in the right direction much appreciated, thanks for your time!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Re: I am not sure how to separate "same keyword" targeting campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yakito;

I understand from your question that these are two separate businesses , If so; two accounts are OK

Read the double serving policy;

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yakito;

Following Tom's answer. To make sure I got you right:. One account per one business. (As defined in the double serving)

The best would have been , if you had not put them together on the same account, to start with (...but this was done...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yakito;

I understand from your question that these are two separate businesses , If so; two accounts are OK

Read the double serving policy;

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks a lot @MosheTLV, yes both are different and competing businesses on the same target. I think I will contact support before creating the new account just to make sure everything is allright.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Yakito,

You should definitely contact support as you will in essence be violating the double serving policy when you open a/multiple new account(s) after already having served ads for these particular domains in another account.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks a lot for your help! I will send them an email now

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yakito;

Following Tom's answer. To make sure I got you right:. One account per one business. (As defined in the double serving)

The best would have been , if you had not put them together on the same account, to start with (...but this was done...)