AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I am not quite sure that posting in Analytics for...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem with my site.  The conversion.js file is marked with a "content-disposition" of attachment and the browser is not loading it as a script.

Is there some other script we should be using or is Google going to change the flag on this script file?

Bill

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi Zee. I am not quite sure that posting in Analytics for...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Zee,

I'm having the same problem with my site.  The conversion.js file is marked with a "content-disposition" of attachment and the browser is not loading it as a script.

Is there some other script we should be using or is Google going to change the flag on this script file?

I'm using the code I've gotten from your site and the browsers see it as an attachment to download rather than a script to include on the page.

Bill

Re: Hi Zee. I am not quite sure that posting in Analytics for...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi BillW,

What browser are you using? Does this happen for all browsers? How was the script tag inserted? Is the script returned with a full page of content, or are you trying to load it with Ajax? Are you using any kind of CMS?

If you care to share your URL, I will take a quick look for anything that appears incorrect.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: I am not quite sure that posting in Analytics for...

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hello BillW,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the AdWords Conversion Tracking set up and the conversion.js script. 

Similar to petebardo, I am also asking you to provide a bit more context in terms of how and where this message is coming up. Once we get additional information, hopefully we will be able to troubleshoot this quickly for you!

Thanks,

Tiffany