AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I am little confused in display network bid.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I am little confused about display network bid.Is this true that display network adgroup bid override both keyword and placement bids?

Can anyone help me to understand in detail??

Thanks
Anchal 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anchal
September 2015

Re: I am little confused in display network bid.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi The answer is yes Smiley Happy

this is what google says 

"

If you have a campaign that targets Google search and the Display Network, we use your keyword bid for both. We encourage you to keep this setting. However, if you prefer, you can set a Display Network bid that will override all keyword bids for the Display Network.

If your campaign targets only the Display Network, we suggest setting ad group bids for all your keywords. We also encourage you to set specific bids for your keywords based on how they're performing. If you use Display Network bids, they'll override any of the individual keyword level bids."

More details here

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2472712

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anchal
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi The answer is yes Smiley Happy

this is what google says 

"

If you have a campaign that targets Google search and the Display Network, we use your keyword bid for both. We encourage you to keep this setting. However, if you prefer, you can set a Display Network bid that will override all keyword bids for the Display Network.

If your campaign targets only the Display Network, we suggest setting ad group bids for all your keywords. We also encourage you to set specific bids for your keywords based on how they're performing. If you use Display Network bids, they'll override any of the individual keyword level bids."

More details here

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2472712

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Nik

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

In terms of Display Advertising, I am still a neophyte. I am happy to simply appear on relevant pages & pay a reasonable cost per click. Most of our campaigns are targeting the search & search partners only. 

I am hoping that eventually Google Display Network  for Philippine sites will be more profound.

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine