AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I am just spending and see no results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Say I select Broadband as a keyword, and search for Broadband in Google, my site is no where in the list.

itpurchase.in

3 Expert replyverified_user

Hi itpurchase,   Say I select Broadband as a keyword, and...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi itpurchase,

Say I select Broadband as a keyword, and search for Broadband in Google, my site is no where in the list.

Presuming that you are taking about Google ads here, have you tried the keyword diagnosis to see if your ads are running or not? If not, then hover the mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword and see what status message is attached.

Look at the billing tab and see if your Billing information is verified and updated or not.

Look at the status of your ads. Are they approved, under review or eligible? If they are under review, then you need to wait until Adwords approves them.

As an advice, don't search on live Google for your ads because it will hamper your own numbers. Try Ad Preview Tool.

Let us know if this helps or not.

Pankaj

Hi itpurchase, there are many reasons why you may not see...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi itpurchase, there are many reasons why you may not see your ad when you search for it yourself.  For a start, unless you have an unlimited budget, your ad won't be shown for every possible search that might trigger it.  You may be outside the geographical target area, or it may be that Google are simply not showing your ad to you because you've searched on your own keywords so frequently.

If you want to know if your ads are running or not, and to see statistics on average position, etc. you should really rely upon the statistics presented by Google within your own account.  If you want to know what your ads might look like, you should use the Ad Preview Tool.

Are you really using broadband as a simple broad match keyword?  If so, you're very unlikely to see good results as this will be matching against a HUGE number of very wide types of searches.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

AdPreview

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

itpurchase;

To follow along Jon's answer, please note, that you MUST use the AdPreview tool to view your ad and your competitors' ads . Since cookies are saved on your PC, AdWords keeps track on ads displayed to you (when running a search), and may not show them (again), later when you search (again) for the same term. This, certainly, can bias the number and type of impressions you see, compared to a "random, typical user" doing only one search for "broadband".

When using the AdPreview Tool, AdWords does NOT save cookies, and every search done (using AdPreview), is a "fresh search" as if, a "random user" would run it.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’