AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I accidentally created an account. What should've happend was that i was to accept an invitation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So now i cannot delete my adwords-account and continue with the incitation instead. Can anyone help?

Smiley WinkLars

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I accidentally created an account. What should've happend was that i was to accept an invitation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Could you be little more clear with your query? Are you referring to the invitation from AdWords team?

Re: I accidentally created an account. What should've happend was that i was to accept an invitation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ceo invited me to access the company adwords account. 

Accidentally i created a new adwords-account with the same email as he had invited me to join hes account. 

I deleted my newly created adwords-account. 

Still i cannot enter the invitation to my ceo's acount. since google now thinks sees that i have my own "deleted"/"disabled" account. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Inmobafone, 

Welcome to adwords community,

As per your question, you should create a MCC account. then after you can access your ceo adwords account. 

For more information how to create a MCC account. go with this link 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. thank you for your reply. 

I tried it out, but it returns the same answer as when trying to accept the invitation: 

"

The login ln@mobafone.com is already an AdWords account. 
 "

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello lnmobafone and welcome,

I would suggest you to associate some different email address for your company's account. Create a different email address and ask your boss to send invitation to that email address. That should work.

Pankaj

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 7
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hello Inmobafone, 

Pankaj is correct, the only way to proceed in this scenario is to have your boss send an invitation to another email address. For security, once an email address is connected with one adwords account it cannot be accepted with another. 

When you're ready to accept the new invitation, here's how to proceed: 

1- Is the invited account connected to a google account? i.e. Is it a gmail account or is it used for other google products (not adwords). If the answer is yes - proceed to step 2. If the answer is no you need to create a google account first, I find it's easier to do this first at accounts.google.com/ -> blue link ‘ create an account for free’.

2. Sign out of AdWords if you're signed in and delete your browsing history. 

3. Sign into the invited email account and accept the adwords invitation. When you accept the invitation select the options: 'I have an email address and password that I already use with Google services' and then 'I'd like to use my existing Google account to log in to AdWords.' At this stage the new account has accepted the invitation.

4. Have you boss sign in to the adwords account with their email address, go to My Account and Account Access and confirm the new user (you) by granting access.

I hope this helps. 

Ita

Re: I accidentally created an account. What should've happend was that

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is very annoying, now I need to create a new Google account only for this.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ulises,

What you can do is create a new email and then invite it to your existing account as an admin user. Then you can login under that new email and remove your ACTUAL email address from having access which will free it up to accept the invitation. Every account must have an email associated with it so there is no way to remove your email UNLESS there is a new administrator. Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Amy, it worked.