AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

I Found Few Targeting Method. Is there any wrong targeting method?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Search Network, Search with display select, Display Network, Display Network & Remarketing, Shopping, Online Video, RLSA,  Dynamic Search Ads, RDSA, Mobile app installs, Ads in mobile apps, PLA, RPLA, Keywords Targeting, Demographic with placement Targeting, Demographic with topic targeting, Interest Targeting, Topics Targeting, Placement Targeting, Demographic Targeting, Geo Targeting, Keywords with Placement & Topic Targeting, Keywords with Placement & Demographic Targeting, Dynamic Remarketing, Keywords & Remarketing, demographic & Remarketing, Topics & Remarketing, Interest & Remarketing, Geo Re-Targeting, Keywords with Placement Targeting, Keywords with Topic Targeting and Keywords with Demographic Targeting.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I Found Few Targeting Method. Is there any wrong targeting method?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

The one that stands out there is Search with Display Select. Most advertisers will recommend not to use this and instead to split the networks up as this makes optimisation a lot better to deal with.

It's important to consider your marketing goals though before rushing into a targeting method, I'd strongly advise to spend some time and do some research into each one.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ramesh,

All the targeting methods that you have highlighted here are correct and just need to be used based on the strategy you are trying to implement and the goal of your campaign. If you go through these in detail, you will see that many of them can only be used on the Search network & many that can only be used on the Display Network.

Depending on you strategy, you choose either of the networks and use one of the targeting methods to run your campaigns. Here is a URL that can help you understand the right campaign type for you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en

Besides this, as scotty rightly mentioned, Search with Display Select is not the most popular campaign type amongst AdWords users, purely because many of us like to keep Search and Display network campaigns separate for better overall control.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nice...