AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to use advanced location targeting for travel type businesses

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business helps people from all over the world find language schools all over the world. For example, a customer from Brazil who is interested to study English in London, UK. 

So far, I have set up our campaigns by country of residence of the customer and then created ad groups for each destination. For example, one campaign for people from Brazil and within that campaign the ad group for English courses in London. I have selected "Brazil" as the targeted location using the setting "People in my targeted location". I do not have excluded any locations. 

When I checked the Adwords Ad Preview tool for the search term "English courses in London" with location set as Brazil, it tells me, that my ads are not showing, "Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: London, England, United Kingdom". 

How can I use the targeting options to make sure I show up for people who are located in Brazil but are looking for an English course in London? 

Thank you for your help!

Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Who to use advanced location targeting for travel type businesses

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

When someone who's physically located in Brazil searches for the keyword "English courses in London" , he will see two types of ads; Ads based on his physical location Brazil(including your ad) and ads based on his location of interest "London".  

Your setting is correct , your ads are already showing for the keyword "English courses in London" when people
 physically located in your Brazil search for it. In order to make sure of that just check your search terms report after awhile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned, the google ad preview tool shows that my ads are not showing for this search term.

Best,
Michael

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Michael

Go to campaign settings and change advanced location targeting in to "people in my targeted location" instead of people in and searching for my targeted location and see whether its getting fixed?