AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to use Google Tag Manager ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team,

I've started using Google Tag Manager to manage multiple tags. But I'm facing many problems, can anybody help me with this:

• adwords conversion code in updated in Tag Manager but it is not tracking conversions at all.
  • analytics was not tracking conversions earlier but it now has started tracking traffic since I have set rules for the tag.

Sometimes my Container is showing that this is unublished, lot's of confusion in it . Please help me out.

Thanks

Anurag

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: How to use Google Tag Manager ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
you might be better posting your queries in the GTM forum...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/tag-manager

but there are some basic concepts you need to bear in mind....

1. the container needs to be on all pages

2. the version of your container needs to be published

3. your tags need to have firing rules applied - i.e. it's no good having a conversion code set up if it is not set to fire on the conversion page.

You can use the preview mode to debug your tags - i.e. make sure that they are firing as they should.

it takes a while - it took me a while - to understand what we are really doing with GTM - but once you do, it is very powerful - so stick with it!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: How to use Google Tag Manager ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
you might be better posting your queries in the GTM forum...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/tag-manager

but there are some basic concepts you need to bear in mind....

1. the container needs to be on all pages

2. the version of your container needs to be published

3. your tags need to have firing rules applied - i.e. it's no good having a conversion code set up if it is not set to fire on the conversion page.

You can use the preview mode to debug your tags - i.e. make sure that they are firing as they should.

it takes a while - it took me a while - to understand what we are really doing with GTM - but once you do, it is very powerful - so stick with it!