AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to upload spreadsheet of Keywords/Final Urls into Adwords Editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to update the Final URLs of my keywords in Adwords Editor by uploading the spreadsheet (downloaded from Adwords of the ad group) with the Final URL column updated. When I try to go about doing this through the actual website, it only accepts some of my keywords, inexplicably disapproving thousands of them for having "invalid URLs", which makes no sense since they follow the guidelines. I was told the only way to do it successfully is through Editor.

Can someone direct me on how to do this using Editor?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to upload spreadsheet of Keywords/Final Urls into Adwords Edit

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Austin, how are things?

If you downloaded the spreadsheet from Adwords interface, then you should upload it from there also.

To use Editor for uploading bulk keywords for many campaigns/groups, each line of keyword should contain the name of the campaign and the ad group that is in. That way Editor can trace where that keyword belong. The best to do that is to copy the keywords directly from Editor into Excel/Google Docs in my opinion. This tends to bring all the information correctly for you to paste it again.

If you can provide some screenshots on what are you doing or maybe provide a more detailed step-by-step, would be of great help.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro,

What is the best way to copy the keywords to Excel? I'm just not too familiar with the layout of the Adwords Editor, so I'm not exactly sure how to export/import a spreadsheet from or to it.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Austin, you just go on Editor and select several rows at once by holding shift, as you probably do in other software. Then you can copy and paste onto excel

Once in Excel you edit the desired data, go back go Editor and from the same place you copied the info, there's probable a button called "Make multiple changes..", and from there you can paste the modified data from Excel.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click