AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How to trigger backend actions and record in GA account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Suppose a number of users come on a specific website and they register using their email id's. Once they register, at the backend the admin team approves those registered email id's (not all email id's get approved) by clicking on the 'approved button' in the admin tool.

My question is 
1. how to show the number of approved users in the GA report (please note approval is taking place in the backend (by the admin) not on the website)
2. how to capture the number of returning approved users on the website.

I have tried using events to track the number of approved users and custom dimension(set and send parameter) to capture the number of returning approved user on the website,however the data in GA is not matching with the admin report. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong in GA. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to trigger backend actions and record in GA account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashish,

If I understood correctly, this is something which you want to build as a internal report because you are approving the email ids from your backend by filtering out some email ids which might not be correct. Not sure how Google Analytics come into picture here because once the users are registered, you set them as Goals. But GA doesn't recognise the action you are doing at the backend i.e. of approving those email ids. You might want to map this data with Google Analytics manually.

That's my perspective here!

Pankaj 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You may be able to solve this using the User ID parameter

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/parameters?hl=en#uid

If I understand it correctly:

You can assign your own user id to all users visiting your website. It has to be non identifiable, but it enables you to link your own user data with analytics.

So if someone registers you can pass on their assigned user id to your registration system. Any action from there can trigger a hit in GA against the same user id. Hits are done via the Measurement Protocol :

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/?hl=en

To make it trackable you could create a custom dimensions at the user level. This dimension can be updated as the user progresses through the process. When they register you can set it to Registered, and when they are approved you can set it to Approved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Pankaj. Regards, Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Tony. Regards, Ashish